Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Suede, I'm totally embarrased to say this but untill last week, I had NO idea who ya were!

Yup, and I kinda did a bad thing and bought your Live at Sculler's DVD based SOLELY on the cover photo! So, here's what happened - My girlfriend & I were in P-Town last week and I saw your DVD on the counter at the Womyncraft (sp) store - wanted to get it but I'm a full time grad student so I'm totally broke. My girlfriend offered to buy it for me but, hey - anyway, when I got home all I could think about was that **** DVD, so I got up at 1 AM and ordered it. (don't worry, I'm majoring in Psych. so see, I'm not nuts and if I was I could "fix" myself - hah!)Besides that, school is REALLY stressful and your DVD seems like just what the doctor ordered. And I must say, after ordering it, I did actually listen to a few soundbytes of your singing - and Girrrrl, you can sing - and I've always loved jazz (second to Johnny Cash of course - sorry, I discovered him in the 3rd grade). Oh and one more thing, since I'm spilling my guts, I must say - whoever took that cover photo of you and selected that particular clothing ensemble is a fa-reakin GENIUS!!! Besides all that - ya kinda bear a slight resemblance to my girlfriend, and she's, well, you know . . .

Embarrassed but sincere,

Joni

Re: Suede, I'm totally embarrased to say this but untill last week, I had NO idea who ya were!

Yes Joni, our Diva is a "HOTTIE" to say the least... you have to see her in person!
When you have a break from your studies you should check out her cds too.. forget the break, it's therapeutic for studying.. and I'll bet she'll sway you from Johnny!

Re: Suede, I'm totally embarrased to say this but untill last week, I had NO idea who ya were!

Thanks ML - still a teensy self-conscious about that very first post of mine but I'm just one of those people who's gotta say what's on my mind. Although, I really did edit quite a bit.

Awww c'mon now, that Johnny Cash is special!! AND I won't discuss it - thank you!

Anyway, thanks for the vote of confidence about my post - when I woke up this morning I said to myself - oops - I think I REALLY did post what I was thinking and hopefully it wasn't too offensive - whew!

Joni

Joni, as a psych major you must understand that free association is harmless unless you encounter a Freudian slip...
ha ha ha

I hope you didn't lose sleep over it. Although "Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities"...

With all due respect I'm resisting further inquiry about Johnny, but have to admit it does raise curiosity. No matter, I still guarantee you'll be pleased to hear all of Suede's music... you will never tire!

ML:

Very, very good - I'm impressed that you knew that free association is one of the techniques used in psychoanalytic therapy. YAHTZEE!! Actually I'm busily studying for my comprehensive exam so it's pretty much make it or break it time. Musn't get cognitive behavioral confused with psychoanalytic or person centered or etc.

Yeah, I haven't actually gotten the DVD yet. Not sure how long it's going to take to get here and I was almost thinking of asking her to sign it thru the website but wasn't sure if that was even a possibility and didn't want to complicate things - but I really can't wait!

Yeah and the Cash thing - undooobidibly undisputable, and you just watch, I bet Suede's a Cash fan too!!

Cheers, Joni

no need for apologies, my dear. and what a great story about how you ended up buying the DVD! that photo was taken by the amazing brad fowler at song of myself studios (www.songofmyself.com) right in provincetown. if you're in town and are interested in having an incredible photo of yourself and/or loved ones he is the guy to see! diva would rather go to the dentist than have her picture taken and I LOVED my shoot with brad. I laughed the whole way through, as evidenced by the great cover photo he captured, referenced above. so, thanks for taking the leap to buy the DVD and for taking the time to write this post. welcome to the fold. veterans, welcome the newbies!!!!

thank you Suedeherself!! It really means a lot that you took the time to read and reply to my newbie post!

I thoroughly enjoyed your DVD - you really ARE one talented lady - and my partner and I would LOVE to see you perform LIVE sometime soon - after Nov. 5th when my Comprehensive exams are over. Getting to watch your DVD really was a nice break from studying. . .cause lately, I ain't been nowhere, Diva!

Well if you hate getting your picture taken, then, I'm so glad there's Brad!!! You really did look like you were enjoying yourself from the photos!!

Thank you again,

Joni

PS: C'MON tho, you gotta love that Johnny Cash, tho, right!?