Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Did I see De-skunking Remedies???

SOS! Is there really a de-skunking remedy out there??? Tomatoe Juice (negative), Vinegar "products" (negative), special shampoo from pet store, (neg).. I'm afraid to try the hydrogen peroxide suggestion after all the acidic remedies already... my poor dog has had 8 baths now,depressed as ever & I smell skunk everywhere I go!
(Only hope, her ears still perk up listening to her Easily Suede cd... oldie, but goody)

Re: Did I see De-skunking Remedies???

dear ML,
oh dear. I certainly hope your scent-ual troubles are past by now....for future reference - when my dogs have been skunked I find the first, best thing to do is run to a body of salt water and dunk all victims. somehow the salt water seems to at least lessen the perfume, shall we say, and seems to make subsequent bathing with other remedies more rapidly successful.
btw, your asking this community for remedies really made me chuckle and I'm surprised you have not gotten more responses before this. hm.
suede, but you can call me heloise

Google "De-skunking Remedies" and see what Diva shows up.

Dear Heloise,

Your helpful hints were much appreciated... Goings were tough enough to approach this community as you can see. Time and indeed a body of salt water healed the scent-ual troubles with only very faint lingering perfumes to reminisce...

Looking forward to seeing you on August 12th!