Home      Classifieds      Advertise      Mailing List      Forum      Museum      Contact      Links      Recommend      Join    

Only members may place adverts for the sale of memorabilia

If you are not a member and wish to advertise items for sale,

please contact the administrator

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any info about this Police Tabard ?

Hello there,

I was hoping somebody may be able to help me with some research on an item I have in my small police collection?

First I must apologise as I didn't know how to add a picture.

It is an early type of hi-viz vest which is made of a white plastic type material and has large buttons to fasten it on the left and right hand side of the garment.

On the front and back is an fluorescent orange square with a blue dashed border and the word "POLICE" in blue in the center. Once turned inside out the tabard has the same size square on the front and back but this time it is white with a clear plastic cover and the blue border and POLICE are of an early form of retro-reflective blue.

I would love to know which force/forces used this type of vest and the length of issue. That is presuming they were ever used in the UK?

As I know practically nothing about it's history, any information at all would be a great help.

Home      Classifieds      Advertise      Mailing List      Forum      Museum      Contact      Links      Recommend      Join    

©PMCC