Home      Classifieds      Advertise      Mailing List      Forum      Museum      Contact      Links      Recommend      Join    

Only members may place adverts for the sale of memorabilia

If you are not a member and wish to advertise items for sale,

please contact the administrator

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ebay

I recently started collecting helmet plates. I already have a collection of Belgian Gendarmerie badges and helmets/caps and was looking for someting new to collect. My interest for British helmet plates started when I received a Bobby's helmet from a colleague.

The problem however is being able to buy them. For some strange reason I can't bid on items sold on ebay.co.uk. Ebay apparently doesn't allow police items to be shipped outside the UK anymore.

Can anyone give me an alternative website or any other way how to buy them? Otherwise my collection will stay very small.

Re: ebay

I understand your problem. For some reason when ever you type the word helmet in a listing it restricts the listing to uk only. This is very unfair but i dont know any way around it otger than not including the word helmet. However that restricts the amount of hits the advert gets.

Re: ebay

Some eBay sellers restrict sales to domestic buyers (because it is generally easier and less risky) - in which case International bidders simply cannot bid.
I have been selling my duplicate UK police insignia on eBay and do allow International bidders. Should be listing some more in about a week.
I am in Arizona (USA) by the way.
Hope this helps.

Home      Classifieds      Advertise      Mailing List      Forum      Museum      Contact      Links      Recommend      Join    

©PMCC