Home      Classifieds      Advertise      Mailing List      Forum      Museum      Contact      Links      Recommend      Join    

Only members may place adverts for the sale of memorabilia

If you are not a member and wish to advertise items for sale,

please contact the administrator

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Special Sergeant Godfrey Arthur Smith

I'm trying to find out more about my Granddad, Godfrey Arthur Smith, who served with Leicestershire Constabulary as a special, later becoming special sergeant, I believe that he may have first served with Leicester and Rutland Constabulary sometime after 1967 and then Leicestershire Constabulary when it changed name in 1974.Unfortunately I have never met him as he died of a heart attack in 1976 when my dad was only 8 or 9, my dad recalls very little of him because of his age at the time of his death, what he has told me though is that he believes he had a police funeral (Uniformed officers carried his coffin) and that during his service he may have been based at the old traffic base which was situated in Enderby on or opposite the site of the current police headquarters and later in his service at Braunstone Police Station. Those are the only few things I know about him and I would love to know more about his service. If anyone has any information about him, his service and/or the officers he served with. I'm particularly interested in finding out his collar number and would love to find a picture of him! Please don't hesitate to get in touch with any information by email: policemadtom@hotmail.co.uk

Many Thanks in advance,

Tom

Home      Classifieds      Advertise      Mailing List      Forum      Museum      Contact      Links      Recommend      Join    

©PMCC