Home      Classifieds      Advertise      Mailing List      Forum      Museum      Contact      Links      Recommend      Join    

Only members may place adverts for the sale of memorabilia

If you are not a member and wish to advertise items for sale,

please contact the administrator

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dublin Metropolitan Police and Garda Helmets

Hi,
not sure about the DMP, but from memory the Garda had similar chinscale strap to the RIC but with shamrock hooks. I have a Garda helmet which I can photograph for you, but it will take me a while to find it as I've packed everything away as we're decorating.

Thank You for your reply Jason, I have, for a long time been trying to get a photo or a look at these fittings, so far all the info has been anecdotal. I have been told the fittings from the DMP helmets were used on the Garda ones, with the exception of the acanthus leaf balltop fitting (which I would love a good photo of looking down on it(only seen photos from front, not very good ones)which I think replaced what would seem to be a plain base balltop. All this is heresay without photos of course. If you find the time, drop me a line at mp2fd@yahoo.com
Cheers......Tom.

If you email me direct i can give you contact details of someone who should be able to help you.
Kevin.

Thanks Kevin, dropped you a line in your email....Cheers....Tom.

Home      Classifieds      Advertise      Mailing List      Forum      Museum      Contact      Links      Recommend      Join    

©PMCC