Home      Classifieds      Advertise      Mailing List      Forum      Museum      Contact      Links      Recommend      Join    

Only members may place adverts for the sale of memorabilia

If you are not a member and wish to advertise items for sale,

please contact the administrator

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Police Berets

Hi
Norfolk Constabulary use to supply berets to their firearms officers, originally it was a blackened badge but then went to a coloured patch. I know D&C also supplied their firearms officers with berets. I also have a United Kingdom Poice beret that was used by officers on secondment to the UN missions. If interested I can photograph the Norfolk or UK berets.
Regards
Mike

Sussex police did have berets back in the very late 1990s, worn by traffic officers on motor bikes.
Was a black beret with a Q/C EIIR chrome cap badge that had been painted black.
The idea was the officer could pop it in the side box on the bike, instead of having his flat cap in there and this would get bent out of shape. Thus a beret was used for a very short period of time. No longer issued, as officers didnt like them.

Thanks for the information, bank holidyas being what they are I've spent some time doing research and found a few forces do/did at some point issue them for firearms and dogs

thats the first time I've heard of traffic issuing them seems a good idea to me

South Wales Constabulary had them on Firearms Unit beret in the 1980s. Have a spare one for sale if its within your collecting field.
Ross

Home      Classifieds      Advertise      Mailing List      Forum      Museum      Contact      Links      Recommend      Join    

©PMCC