Home      Classifieds      Advertise      Mailing List      Forum      Museum      Contact      Links      Recommend      Join    

Only members may place adverts for the sale of memorabilia

If you are not a member and wish to advertise items for sale,

please contact the administrator

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Collar Badges Orientation

Regarding the above, I spoke with a friend yesterday, who is a dealer in amongst other things, militaria.
He is of the opinion that the answer is "as seen by the wearer". Therefore, an inward-facing dragon, on the wearer's RIGHT-hand lapel should be described as "facing left" as it faces inwards, to the WEARER'S LEFT. Would other Meembers think that this is the correct description ?
Thanks again - JL-M

Re: Collar Badges Orientation

JohnLloyd-Martin
Regarding the above, I spoke with a friend yesterday, who is a dealer in amongst other things, militaria.
He is of the opinion that the answer is "as seen by the wearer". Therefore, an inward-facing dragon, on the wearer's RIGHT-hand lapel should be described as "facing left" as it faces inwards, to the WEARER'S LEFT. Would other Members think that this is the correct description ?
Thanks again - JL-M

Hi John, I entirely agree. Kent County Constabulary 'horse' collar badges were originally worn on high neck tunics with the horses facing inwards. When open neck tunics were introduced they moved onto the shoulder epaulettes, with the horses facing forwards(As the instructor said, if they were put on the wrong way round and the horse decided to defecate (only he used another word...), we did not want it to do so down the shirt front!!) When they later moved to the tunic lapels, they once again faced inwards, and are to this day worn there by the renamed force Kent Police. Regards Sean

Home      Classifieds      Advertise      Mailing List      Forum      Museum      Contact      Links      Recommend      Join    

©PMCC